The Mancos Project

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

This will first be an experiment.

Wow. Pretty cool stuff. I've read about blogging(i.e. "The World is Flat" by Thomas Friedman great book!), heard about blogger.com, but have never really felt the need to create a blog. Since this is my first blog I'm not going to bother typing any questions, comments, gripes or complaints. This is quite new to me right now and I'm sure I'll become more accustomed to this whole new way of exercising thoughts, experiences and virtues, but I guess I'll just kind of tell the audience reading a little about myself.

My name is Kenny Foster. I'm originally from a small town called Brookville, Pennsylvania. I recently graduated from Mercyhurst College in Erie, Pennsylvania. I graduated with a degree in Intelligence Studies, and I now currently work for the US Government. I ran four exciting years of cross country at Mercyhurst and now I'm faced with the challenge of still bettering myself without the hopes of collegiate competition. What helps more than anything with this challenge is the fact that I have an amazing girlfriend who shares a common passion with me. We both love to run. Since I titled my blog "My Running High", that is primarily what this blog will be about. Perhaps I will even publish these blogs one day and make a book out of it, who knows.

I'm currently training for the Marine Corp Marathon in hopes of joining a marathon team that I may or may not discuss later on down the road, but for right now...it's just a "marathon team." I've ran the Philadelphia Marathon twice. My first time running the 26.2 mile course I finished with a time of 2:43 and the next year in 2007 I ran the course in 2:32 (5:49 avg. per mile). I have high hopes of running in the Marathon Olympic Trials in 2011, but we will see how things pan out. If I can get under 2:30 for the Marine Corp Marathon I'm confident that I can drop it down to sub-2:20 before 2011.

But that's still a few years down the road, so in the mean time, I'm going to catch a little rest. My legs are pretty sore from the mile repeats I did just a few hours ago. Out.

No comments: