The Mancos Project

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Marine Corp Marathon - Team Semper Fi

I must say, it has been quite some time in which I have been able to dedicate a solid block of time and update some of the information in my blog. Recently I have been hard at work across the board. At the job and running as well. I have increased my mileage to about 80 miles a week. I'm running at least 11 -15 miles a day, with my longer runs reaching upwards of 18-20 miles. I have decreased the amount of racing to about once every 2 weeks, concentrating on tempo mileage and speed workouts of 1 and 2 mile repeats. Frankly speaking, I can run a sub-5 mile on the track in my sleep and I feel rather comfortable running a 2-mile in under 10 minutes. I've ran a couple of cross country invites the past few weeks as an independent runner. I felt apart, however, 2 weeks ago at the Cal U XC Invite, running a 27:44 on a moderately hilly course and coming in 15th place against moderate competition. Here are the results: Cal U
Just this last Saturday, however, I ran about the same mileage for the week, (80) and still found enough strength in my legs to take the individual title. Here are the results: Penn State Behrend

I am finally all signed up and ready to go for the Marine Corp Marathon on Sunday, October 26th, 2008. I am running for a charity organization, called Team Semper Fi, which benefits injured Marines from Iraq and Afghanistan, as well as their families. Since I am affiliated with Team Semper Fi, I am required to raise a total of $300.00 for donations. If anyone is interested in donating for this charity organization, please visit my website at http://www.active.com/donate/teamsemperfi08/KFoster103

So far I have raised $565.00 and over my $300.00 goal, but the amount of funds needed for our injured troops is limitless. Thank you very much for any donations made through my website. I have almost exactly a month and a half left in Erie, Pennsylvania before I leave for Georgia. I must admit, it is not the most exciting feeling. I have lived in Erie, Pennsylvania for nearly 4 1/2 years now, going to college and working in the area...I will be sad to say goodbye to Erie, Pennsylvania. More importantly, I will be extremely sad to tell Christie, "I will see you soon."

Out

No comments: